Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rocky Fork Lake Dock Tournament Sunday, November 20, 2016

polar bear

• View Profile
i cant make it on Sundays i can come down there if you guys ever have it on a Saturday good luck to all.

bruce136

• View Profile
 For those of you that have a far way to travel.....
 There are cabins on North Shore Drive at Blueberry Hill cabins. We stopped by and checked them out after fishing this past saturday. The cabins are actually fully functional little houses. We got one with 2 queen beds, living room(leather couch), full kitchen, cable and internet for $100.00. We are staying there with the wives Saturday night so we don't get yelled at for fishing the whole weekend.
 There is also a family cabin that probably could sleep 10 people for just over $200 a night. We didn't check that one out though.
 Their website is down,  but here is my google search results...
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&site=&source=hp&ei=VRQrWOnNNMWWmwHCnrfICQ&q=blueberry+hill+cabins&oq=+blueberry+hill+&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.41j0l4.3983.18708.0.20573.21.15.0.3.3.0.308.1972.6j8j0j1.15.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..7.14.1383.3..0i131k1j0i22i30k1.VZJ4Jh2NWmY#fpstate=lie

Nate can spring for the family cabin with all of his winnings
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:16:00 AM by bruce136 »

Salmonid

• View Profile
ok folks, what are the times and whats the buy in? , I may fish but not get in the tourney, I'm saving for one of those big ole fancy new Helix 9 with the new Mega Chirp side and down imaging.. Depends on how me and buddy feel that morning, LOL but were down there sunday at first light for sure!!

Salmonid

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
The Tournament starts at 8 am to 2 or 3 depending on what the guys want to do since its a long drive for some of us.

Entry is $15.

See you at the docks.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

bruce136

• View Profile
It was nice seeing everyone yesterday. Could have done without the wind all day. Good job on on catching all those fish Aaron. I'm going to have to buy one of those "cast net" lures too. Lol.
 Except for Aaron, the bite was slow. He had 5 crappie and a bunch of perch. No saugeye(that I heard) were caught. 2nd place was 3 crappie, TEAM RUSTY!
 See you all next time!

Downthehole

• View Profile
It was nice seeing everyone yesterday. Could have done without the wind all day. Good job on on catching all those fish Aaron. I'm going to have to buy one of those "cast net" lures too. Lol.
 Except for Aaron, the bite was slow. He had 5 crappie and a bunch of perch. No saugeye(that I heard) were caught. 2nd place was 3 crappie, TEAM RUSTY!
 See you all next time!

+1 it was a good day, slow fishing but good to see everyone again....I liked the idea of some on ice pots this season.....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Just so we're clear Bruce I actually had 6 crappie. Lol. Was a tough bite tho. Was fun getting the ice gear out and seeing everyone. I know Dave said he wasn't gonna be able to do it but if you guys want to we can do some more tourneys down there. I'll prob be fishing it pretty regularly until we get ice. And the fishing is usually better. Dropping 40 degrees in two days didn't help any.

bruce136

• View Profile
Friday's fishing BEFORE the drop in temperature. Different dock and area of the lake.

Aaron...5, 6, 27...... it was still more than my 3.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
 ;D nice mess of fish. That's what I'm used to seeing out of rocky. The ones I caught Sunday were barely worth cleaning. Having a few perch made it a good meal tho

g

• View Profile
I will be fishing Rocky regularly on the weekends too. The fishing should pick up with the weather stabilizing. Only caught 1 eye at indian casting at Moundwod last night. The fishing picked up after I left and my 3 friends caught their 18 and left at 9:40.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep the fishing was good last Friday!  I got several nice crappie on Berlin then. Couldn't pass up fishing on a day like that!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Salmonid

• View Profile
me and Tin Guppy, Steve and Quackpot at least that's all I recognized were down there this morning, I wasn't there 5 minutes and got a short 14" saugeye, then it was terribly slow after that, I had 3-4 gills and a short crappie, Rusty had at least a dozen gills, a baby bass and 7-8 crappies but only 1 or 2 would have kept.   Didn't mark much fish and the ones we did, were not very interested. Locals all said, " should have been here yesterday"  LOL  Steve, Bobby?? howd you guys end up?

Salmonid

quackpot

• View Profile
I think the ride down was rougher on me than I thought, Darris and I left not long after you did. It was great seeing you guys down there. I should be back down next weekend or so.

Vexilar