Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rocky tournament this Saturday?

bruce136

• View Profile
 Any interest in getting together at Rocky this Saturday? Tournament or just for fun?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Depending on the weather I'll probably be hunting this Saturday. It's gun season this week and I need one more for the freezer. Good luck if you guys go. I'll be in for next time

Downthehole

• View Profile
I'm out this weekend.....got a few projects going on...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  Sure looks like you got some short fish bruce, better check your measuring device. Lol
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
Good job Bruce. I get off work at 6:30 Sat. and plan to go to Rocky then. Should be there by 8:30.

bruce136

• View Profile
Limited out today. Sitting at the AMVETS refueling.
Just 3 that were under 10".

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Nice!  But lo and behold, here comes a cold front just in time for the weekend.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  See guys I'm not the only one the weather won't cooperate with when it comes to planning events!!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Salmonid

• View Profile
Ill be down tomorrow am for a few hrs.  Will post results good or bad, LOL

Salmonid

g

• View Profile
Beautiful morning on the docks today, temps in the mid 30's and little wind. No keepers for me but Bruce and Dave got some keeper crappies. There is always next time. Good luck tomorrow Mark.

bruce136

• View Profile
 Started out the day on the North side of the lake(at the secret dock). Didn't catch any there. The cold front pushed them out of the shallows.
 Moved over to the East shore marina. Caught 15 keepers between 9.5 and 11". Caught approximately 30 short crappie.
 Went to the Country Crust bakery for a pretzel sandwich and the home for a shower and Lebanon horse parade.
 It was nice to see you Grant. Sorry I forgot to say bye.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
   The secret dock,interesting!  Glad you keep all the top producers to yourself bruce, don't want that getting out and being over fished!!!LOL !! I'm up here at the Minneapolis/ st.paul ice fishing show and if anything can get you excited for some ice fishing it's this. It's truly unbelievable the ingenuity and creativity some of our fellow fisherman have and the products they have brought to life for ice fishing.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Salmonid

• View Profile
todays report, got to lake at first light with buddy Jeff,  someone already claimed all of the 2nd dock, so we fished the first dock, lake was glass and for about an hr bite was good, we landed 8-9 crappies with 4 keepers, 3 were between 11-11.75", real fatties. then with one suddeen gust of wind from the East the switch was thrown, not another bite in 3 hrs, guy on other dock had 9 keepers all in the first hr from secret dock slip, he never moved for almost the 3 hrs we were there, after switch thrown, he managed only 1 bite, 1 short fish after that time,fun for the first while but temps got cold with weird winds and even the graphs were void of fish. all ours caught on plastics, bite was good when they hit, needed hemos to remove every 1/8 oz jig from the fish.

bruce136

• View Profile
 The picture above was at the "secret dock". It is a private dock that you have to walk about 10 minutes, in the dark through the woods, to get to. It is only good early spring and late fall. Unless we get a really warm spell, I won't be fishing it anymore this year.
 I actually prefer fishing the East marina docks because I can move around and socialize.
 I'm sure the ice fishing show up there is pretty awesome. I'm sure you are spending more money than you should.

Vexilar