Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice progress??

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Being on baby watch has cut down on my ice scouting time. Anyone been by OSP yet?  Just curious if any chance of being on by end of the week??
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
was just talking about osp with my fishin buds, about how that area usually freezes first. im  bouncing in my seat as much as everyone too get on the ice, but this week end would be iffy at best... but dont despair   HERE IT COMES.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Trying to be patient, but also trying to get 1 trip in pre-baby. We'll see how that goes. Truck is packed for pre-ice but who knows if I'll get on.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If no baby by Friday and work continues to be this slow, I'm planning on heading up to OSP for an ice check in the morning.  Hopefully fishing is a possibility.  If not I might check C-5 at Nimi. That's usually good at first ice. Although the gill size has definitely fallen off there the last couple years.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well ole bud  hope you can get out early ..hopefully the gill population will get better . but I see a perch explosion lately.  I know that place has a crazy cat fish population,   one of these days I may get to pass this whiskered wally curse on too another..

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Guy posted on another site he was out Thursday and someone posted pic of his shanty at OSP. Also seen pics posted a guy took on Wednesday at Moggy.

Chris P.

• View Profile
Ok cool well looks like Saturday might be a go then. What site were they posting on?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeeh there was a post on ogf   that there is 2" of clear over there.  now that's awesome but my 185 butt squeeks across that new stuff.  AND  its not safe. period.   sooo   don't go out alone .

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No way I'm going out on 2". Now I've gained 30 pounds and am over 200. No way!!  I'll wait and be safe.

Team Wilcraft!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Hit OSP today for a few hours. Nothing but dinks for me. Ice was 3-4 inches though did hit one area that was more like 2. Some fool recently ran a boat there left a trail through the ice.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
boat ?   dam  :-X

Vexilar