Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Skim ice starting 12-8-2016

toadfish

• View Profile
Got skim ice starting to form on grand lake today.  A few ponds had skim ice too.  Some ponds were completely open.  If wind lays down, ice may star growing thick pretty fast.  My shanty is out of storage but rods and augers are still away.  Too much snow on Sunday may really slow things down as far as getting walkable ice.  They are calling for 5-8" to fall.  Grocery stores are running out of milk and bread already!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

toadfish

• View Profile
From what I can see out my living room window, the lake is completely covered with ice.  Dragging out the short rods today and checking line, etc.  Single digit temps in forecast for Thursday.  I hope the snow stays away until we get a few inches of ice.

Be careful out there and best of luck when you get to wet a line.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I got my stuff out, batteries charged, line needs to be changed yet ,along with a go-through of my gear to make sure everything is still operable from last season. Hope to see you out there this week!

toadfish

• View Profile
Last night's rain and warm temps did the ice no favors.  Some ice on the lake opened up.  I just hope the cold later this week does happen and no snow until we have 4-6" of ice.  There was .7" of rain in forecast for Saturday December 17 at 40 degrees, but that has changed to ice pellets at 35.  Maybe it will be a little colder than that.

I am busy on Saturday, but hope to get out on Sunday and Monday.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
hope to get out also, working 7 days a week , so I can't get out until 3 pm til dark, which is okay but I have to find em fast

Salmonid

• View Profile
Ill be up early Sat morning for a few hrs of ice fishing, I'm pretty sure I can find a channel or two with enough ice to hold my 220!! LOL  If anyone wants to meet me, let me know , texting is best or actual phone,  937-974-2908

\Mark   ( Salmonid)

Vexilar