Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tough decision, but didn't try.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Being I was alone, 30 pounds heavier, and expecting a baby at any time I decided to wait on a first Ice try. It would be tough to explain if I came home or even worse  showed up at the hospital in wet boots and different clothes. Safety was the order of the day for me. There'll be opportunities very soon to fish safely. If I wasn't alone, I probably would've tried, but it's not necessary to try to be a hero for a few fish and have a dangerous situation occur.

Anyone going tonight or tomorrow please be careful and preferably don't fish alone!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

kortis04

• View Profile
I hit osp tonight for aboit an hour after work.  There was 3 inches. Drove past nimi campground on the way home and there a few guys out still around 515...

quackpot

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I must be.  ;D I've gained almost as much as my wife. And I'm not growing a baby. Going to put me off the thin ice.  >:( Guess it's time to work out.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
Just a word of advice, it won't help. When the misses was pregnant I gained the most weight.

quackpot

• View Profile
It converts to energy for pulling the sled with the little one.

g

• View Profile
Smart move not trying it slab. There will be more days ahead to fish. Better to err on the side of safety so you can go in the future.

Tanker593

• View Profile
My theory is the weight gain is a sociological issue.  For example, you're out with your pregnant wife and she gets one of her cravings and she wants you to stop at Dairy Queen.  Of course you're going to get yourself a large hot fudge sundae too.  This happens the entire 9 months. 

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree tanker. That's what's happening. My diet has went downhill and I'm not working as much either.  Hopefully this spring I'll get in better shape when my work increases.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab I cant imagine you heavier,  but like my chubby butt you wont blow across the ice so easy.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I sure won't move at all!  Scary thing is all my work pants are getting tight now. But the other day I put on a pair and thought oh, this isn't bad. A little short, but not too tight. They threw a pair of my dad's pants in my stock by mistake. Scary I fit my dads pants around the waist!!   :-\

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
don't worry it will all melt away runnin around cleaning baby spit up   hehehe..  this early stuff is so sketchy its not worth it, just watched the news where 2 kids went thru ice on pond and didn't make it .. :'(       and man what a reality check when ya go thru the ice , one time I went thru up to my neck and by the time I got back to my truck my clothes were so stiff and frozen I couldn't get my keys out of my pocket , my clothes were stiff . couldn't get my frozen stuff off,  :-X
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's so sad!  Always best to be safe.  And yes that baby will keep me on my toes.  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar