Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye lake Saugeye 12/16/17

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It was nice to get on the ice again. Josh and I went out yesterday and had a few bites. Josh caught two and missed one and I caught one and missed one. We were on 5 inches of ice in a backwater area. Main lake is not safe yet. We were in 5 ft of water and I caught mine on a Psycho Shad and Josh had his on a shaky spoon.

Please be careful with today's warm up and you must check your own ice.

Good luck and be safe.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Congrats on the nice catch!!  Glad to see you're getting time on the ice and not totally swamped with the fishing show. 👍
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Tin Guppy

• View Profile

bucknuts

• View Profile
I was around the area, had my gear but was by myself. I won't go on first ice alone.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

g

• View Profile

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Sent you a message g, shoot me a text so I have your number. I'm scheduled to work all week but hopefully I can get away a day or two.

tiggy2

• View Profile
Sweet catch. u said 5" of ice ? ( I'll check it if I go to be safe :) ) and if u don't mind me asking which back water were u on. I have a friend that lives in harbor hills right on the lake and was hoping It was there .. I understand if u don't wanna say, some people r picky on who they tell about thier fishing spots. my buddy and I wanted to come up Thursday,  and just wanted a bit of info as it's my first time ice fishing buckeye. .. would really love getting some saugeye through the ice. any info would be greatly appreciated :) thanks in advance ...

Vexilar