Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fishing and Ice Report 12/17/2016

toadfish

• View Profile
Once I beroke the glaze of ice off the driveway, I fished anderson's back channel for a couple of hours.  Lots of marks but no bites.  About 5" of ice there.

Moved to cold water creek and got 1 keeper crappie and a few small ones.  About 4.5 inches of ice there.   Lots of water on top of the ice everywhere.  Not much fishing activity anywhere I went.  At least I did not have other fishermen on top of me or snowmobiles buzzing by.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

nags

• View Profile
Tbinking of trying tomorrow never fished cold water creek thru ice always little nervous about it where do you get on ice there i have seen people park on west bank park may try it or Andersons  would like to head to indian but nof sure about weather just want to get out.

toadfish

• View Profile
Fished at the mouth of the creek. Parked near the turnaround at west bank park.  Looks like some broken ice north, towards the lake.  It will be slick today, wear cleats and be careful.  Good luck.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Headed to coldwater creek tomorrow after work, bringing a guy out who's only ice fished once, so if you're around stop by or give me a better starting place if you know of one  ;D

wishinfishin

• View Profile
Fished the whole area hard this morning from way up the creek  to the north through the dredged area and found absolutely nothing. Good luck, I hope you can find something.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Well I won't waste my time, not the report I wanted to hear but it is what it is, they just seem to disappear when the ice comes on and they let water out, I can't figure it out . But hey thanks for the honest report, looks like we're headed to Loramie instead.

Vexilar