Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sandusky Bay Area

Sambug · 4 · 5439

Sambug

• View Profile
Hey Guys, I have read a few older posts about the bay. I see Whites area mentioned a lot and a few about Clemons area. Has anyone ever fished the area around Battery Park, Sandusky?

Does the water lock up in that area? Or is the shipping channel kept open for the coal docks all winter? I have heard the bay referred to as a great area for fishing. One article stated if it wasn't part of Lake Erie, and was an inland lake, it would probably be the best lake in the state.

Was just looking for some answers. Any input is welcome. I would love to get into some perch and crappie. Would love to get onto the big water, but have no sled or four wheeler to get out that far.   

Getting the fever, can't wait to get out.

bucknuts

• View Profile
I'm not sure about that area....might b too much current also. I'm looking forward to possibility of bay locking up enough to jig eyes near the bridges...

Also check out Sandusky Bay Fishing group on FB....should be good ice info there
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Fishingoat

• View Profile
I have a few duck hunting buddies that dock at whites and they said the west end was locked last weekend and they yanked their boats.  I only perched fished there a few times years ago and never done any good.   There are 3 springs that don't freeze real good straight out of whites.  Be careful. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Sambug

• View Profile
Thanks for the input guys. I will checkout that fb page.

Vexilar