Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimi ice conditions

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  Fished the campground Bay today 12/20/16 ice was 3-4 inches. Not advised to move past the islands, ice thickness drops to less than 2". Caught some nice perch on gold spoons tipped with minnow heads. Also good luck with orange tungsten jigs tipped with waxie. If weather holds most of the lake should be fish able in next few days. Whole lake is locked up and ice was growing all morning.  Might try again tomorrow will post reports if possible.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:48:25 PM by Ntoiceman36 »
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
noticeman can you comment on what the roads are like going in there,and thanks for the report.......... :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 The road into the campground was pretty icy this morning but by the time we left alot had melted away, especially the end towards christman Rd.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you got out and had fun!  Keep us posted on how it goes if you get out again.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Evinrude58

• View Profile

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Fished today off the s main St boat launch. Ice was very clear you could see the bottom as you walked. Ice thickness was a good 4-5". Put on a perch clinic for carl (evinrude) used silver vibe and perch or white/blue jigging raps. Fished in 15-17ft.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
You only out fished me because I forgot my ice fishing hat. Lol

Vexilar