Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy Friday 12/23/16

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gonna venture out and hit the ice for the 1st time this season tomorrow morning., Friday 12/23/16. Don't want to 'lpush the envelope', but won't be alone. Anyone else interested is welcomed to join us. I'm gonna be at the S.Main St Boat Launch around 8am... Brown Toyota Pick Up.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
good luck guy , I may be headed for my secret honey hole.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Where's that snocone, the Falcon lounge.  ;D ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Dave_E

• View Profile
Good luck John.  Let us know how it went.

I won't go out until the ice is 5".  Unless I can drop 100 lbs anyway.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Ok so ended up there were 6 of us with IBJ as the leader. Fished 8-12 in 4-20 fow. We probably drilled 100-125 holes and I think 2 fish caught. So IBJ suggested North and off we went. (See Portage)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahahahah     no not the loung ,    but close.   good luck all
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, fished from sun up to sunset. It felt great. Our group included Evinrude, Village Idot, Nixmkt Tom ,Justin & his buddy.  Nimmy:  We worked the small bay directly out from the S. Main St Boat Launch in the weeds, headed south eastward, then south to Pine Cove Bay. I've never in my lifetime seen Nimmy ice & water so clear. You could see 15ft to the bottom. We couldn't find the fish. Ninmkt Tom was directly over the sunken bridge with a camera and couldn't see a fish. We used minnows, waxies, spikes,jigs, spoons & raps to no avail.

Minnowhead Ray trekked out on the ice all the way to Pine Cove Bay with his new chocolate lab, Penny.  (I think Penny is secretly a St Bernard b/c Ray brought out an untapped bottle of Capt Morgan's Cannonblast  Rum).  Man was that stuff smooth.. Wonderful!!  Ray said: "Keep the Bottle and Merry Christmas".  Think he was just glad he didnt have to spend money on a suit for my funeral! In my book, MHRay is my top-notch hardwater bartender for sure!

Nimmy was a bust and we decided to hit North Reservoir (PLX) at noon.There were about 10 of us on the ice at North.  All found action off the handicap wall with lots of DINK bluegill along with a few perch and 9" Crappie.

I fished till dark and manage a dozen keeper gills. My compost bin with get a  needed addition.

Can't wait to get out again.  LOVED IT.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 07:20:10 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad you got out!!  Good to hear you were up to a trip!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar