Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12-22

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
took a co worker out for his 1st ice fishing trip, we fished just north of the spillway bait store( I don't know the names the area) , got there @ 3:30 fished till dark , caught several gills right up against the pads, a few 7" but not many, mostly 3-4" . Black seemed to be the best color, no crappies . Going out again today but I'm gonna go 1 channel further north and try my luck, I saw the dredge line out there and hoping fora little more depth

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
Hey wapak it sounds like you were either at minster branch or earls. I went to the brick house channel and it was pretty much the same story there. Bunch of small gills and 1 crappie.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
after looking at the map I think you're right, I was in Earl's, today I went further North or back towards Minster, ( I guess it's where they caught all the crappie before the ice) I drilled about 8 holes across the channel , I caught several small gills and manage 4 really nice crappies right before dark , looks like we might have to be on the cautious side if we head out the next few days, I drove into rain on the way home...... not what I wanted to see

Vexilar