Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Draining

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
So I do t know how many of you have heard but I guess I will be the bearer of bad news. ODNR/army corps of engineers is draining the upground reservoir. Not completely but it is going to be pretty low. The dike had an other leak and they had to lower it down to prevent failure. What I do t get is the conflicting reports. Some say going to fix the dike, others say they aren't. Almost all reports say it will  not be refilled. From my understanding they didnt get it low enough so it still has some fishable water but after next year it won't be worth much. Already low enough you can walk a lot of the flats, and then pay ramp is unuseable.

What I would like to do is set up a get together for the guys who fish this lake and let's see what we can catch. It may be the last chance we get to fish it before it's destroyed. What do you guys think?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
brother your spot on with fishin while ya can, I have fished lakes there draining and the fish get concentrated and its on ...only thing is the mud on the edges gets like quick sand, found that out when Milton was drained .  almost lost my boots.   not to mention all the cool stuff ya find ..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Yeah only a few possible holes for them to go to.  I think it will be on this year thru the ice.

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
I would be up for a trip there.  Honestly, never have fished it and always have talked about it each year.  Just never seem to get the chance to make it.  If you set a day for a group (or just you planning to go) PM me here or over on OGF so i get an email notice.  Thanks!  Looking forward to a longer season than last year. -: Russ

Vexilar