Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mosquito ice report

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Drove by the Causeway today and lake was still locked up but the ice wasn't in very good shape so I didn't venture out. Also Causeway sporting goods has closed up for a few days until conditions improve.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Hammerman

• View Profile
Drove by the Causeway today and lake was still locked up but the ice wasn't in very good shape so I didn't venture out. Also Causeway sporting goods has closed up for a few days until conditions improve.
Any change in report? Possible to get on ice tomorrow?

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile

Hammerman

• View Profile
Any luck with checking? Hopin ice is thick enough to get on tomorrow

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Had a busy afternoon. Only had time for a drive by at 11am. Nobody on skeeter.

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Went out in the stte park area. 3.5-4" of hazy ice. Caught some keeper gills and perch... just enough for a fish fry.  I'll be there in the morning.  Ice is good for now, but be safe.

novICE

• View Profile
If anyone does a drive-by at mosquito on Friday, please give a report if there is any fishable ice down by the state park

Waterbite

• Life is grand
    • View Profile
Hoping to see a few ice reports Fri and Saturday, If not, going to make the hour drive on Sunday and see first hand. I understand the shoreline was broken up but there was still an ice cake on the lake so hopefully it sets up with this freeze.   Will post whether we are able to fish or not on Sunday.    Be safe

Waterbite

• Life is grand
    • View Profile
Just got a phone report from a buddy checking ice out of the Cemetery area.  after spudding out 75' and drilling holes, he had 4 1/2" of ice.  He saw 2 shanties on the ice about 1/4" out WSW of Cemetery.   305 looked like it had some recently open water that froze over so he didn't walk out there.    I'm not saying the ice is 4" all over, I know I'm going to spud my way out on Sunday and hope its thick enough where I plan on setting up.    Just passing on info is all       Be safe   

novICE

• View Profile
Thanks for the updates. Hoping to get out Sunday. Going to head to Manistee in Michigan Thursday for 5 days. Looking good up there

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Fished nw from cemetary.  Ice was 5". Got a few smalls and a 18". Will be back in the am.

PKAuD

• View Profile
Fished all day in the cemetery area. 60 perch, dink city but a couple of keepers, 3 eyes, 15 crappie.  Ice was 4-5.5"even out over 25 ft of water where i did not fish, no sir. Never............ Dusk bite was very good.

About 10-15 shanties out there yesterday
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:33:33 AM by PKAuD »

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile

Vexilar