Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:38 PM

Author Topic: Indian Help  (Read 4138 times)

bucknuts

• View Profile
Indian Help
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »

I am coming to Indian tomorrow, Monday 1-9. I have never been there fishing. I have good info from today and have been skunked all year so far....I got to catch a fish! Any and all help is appreciated. Also looking for a partner if someone wants to tag along.
Thanks
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:36:29 AM »

I know it's late but I'm heading out tomorrow, I think I'm going to try moundwood 1st, then head over to long Island afterwards , the only reason for moundwood is I do not have any bait so I'm going to try for the eyes 1st. Hopefully it's safe, if not I'll try somewhere else, I took a vacation day so I'll be there all day ( if its safe)

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »

I'm even later but use your spud and don't forget your spikes. Where I was on Long Island it was three to four inches. There are also areas up by the bridge where the spud went through. I only caught gills at the first pull off, nothing by the bridge didn't even mark anything.

megan66

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »

Ice fishing for saugeyes have been above average up to yesterday, ice is unsafe!

In 7 trips I've got 6 limits! If you dont have a gold and orange number 2,3,4 pimple, you better get some!

Out of the 75 or so saugeyes Ive caught this year 90% have been on this spoon, no minnow!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »

Don't forget about the pink tiger vibe Megan 66 (you told me your name but I forgot it already. I'm horrible with names) nice to meet you out on the ice. And yes that ice is done for.

Jigmup

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »

I was there a few weeks ago for the first round of safe ice. I took a limit and threw back maybe 5. I got mine on no. 5 glow green tiger rap, gold buckshot and a 1/8 oz. orange jig head with the minnow down its throat and out the back. I think being on top of active fish is the key!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar