Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimi 1-9-17

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Fished today by the gas wells on the point off of the big parking lot by the campground. Be safe when you travel out because the main body ice fluctuates from 4" down to 1.5" so use your spud as you walk. Fished in 20 fow caught some perch and hooked one nice bass  but lost him half way out of the hole. Used silver vibe to draw them in then switch to a jigging rap to finish the job.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report. I was just going to text you!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey 36  what kind of color  is the water ?  so if you guys are goin im in. 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Water is very clear, gotta watch though that little bit of snow covered really insulated and affected ice growth
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Yea poor Nate never stood a chance as I remembered my ice fishing hat today. Lol. Out fished him 3 - 1.5 as I caught 3 and he caught 1 and got half credit for the really nice Bass he lost as it was coming out of the hole. I would guess it was about 3 pounds.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thnx   i was going to head to nimi today, but the sail is put away...  and that wind is way to much, not to mention the dang rain forming a glaze on everything.  hey evinrude did ya have your hat take off accross the lake? ..  know that feeling !  my 6 gal bucket and scoop took off and went all the way past the gas wells headed towards the dam.... :P

Evinrude58

• View Profile
No my hat didn't take off. What is this not ice fishing because of the wind stuff. Unless it blows me across the lake I'm going fishing.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
then go today 45 mph wind gusts.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i could try in this wind  but   dont think the shanty will stay put, even with 5 stakes .. it would rattle and shake and self destruct...   and then i would pull my hat up put on my gloves and stroll off the ice babbling some b s  watching all that junk blow across the lake laughing like the joker in a  bat man movie....insanity would take over for sure   hehehehehehe

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll fish in a gale, I remember he bucket day, I was there too!  Fun times!!

Just this lack of sleep from the baby is turning me into a Dummy .  But being so exhausted I fell asleep at a red light twice in 3 days isn't good. I was using wind as an excuse to go home. I don't want to do something stupid and dangerous because of not thinking straight due to lack of sleep. That's when you can make poor decisions.  It's not just me to think about anymore
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Downthehole

• View Profile
then go today 45 mph wind gusts.

Winds last night in Columbus were brutal....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Was here too. Hasn't been that windy in a long time!  Wonder how many trees fell in the woods?

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i rescued trash cans blowing around like the wiz of oz out there last night, what a crazy wind .. hey joel  baby duty will wear you out  it will get better !!  oh yeah we did watch the wind blow that junk down the lake ..now normally wind doesnt bother me   BUT   when ya have to stake the sled down thats wind....here ya go slab   a pic from that day
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:42:07 AM by snowcone »

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That was an epic trip!  And we got the fish too!!  Hopefully we can get back on in February. By then I'll be back to "work". Which means an hour in the office and the rest of the day ice fishing this time of year.  Baby let us sleep all night except for one hour when he ate.  Forgot what it is like to sleep for 8 out of 9 hours!!!  I don't sleep that much normally!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar