Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice fishing without the ice

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Well as expected we have no ice, weather is crazy, we are seeing different patterns in the fish this winter. Not much in the western basin. We were able to fish the cedar point area over the weekend and were successful both days catching a boat load of nice fish. All came on pimples, raps, and cicadas. Lots of fish from 11 inches to 29.5.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
You're my hero. Wish I lived near lake erie. Of course I'd fish too much and prob be unemployed and single but...

Green Pea

• View Profile
Nice catch right there. Now if I could get that from good old CJ Brown I would be a happy camper.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
30 my life depends on this lake!! It is a beautiful place!

Green I have had some good days on CJ but my biggest eye there is about 26 inches! My friend Brent does very well with the eyes. He runs a thread on crappie.com for open water fishing, he does not ice fish.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well nice catch man. I love erie too but I only get up once or twice a year. We were just talking this weekend about coming up early spring. Leave a few for me

g

• View Profile
Great catch Jonny. Heard there was a good bite Sun. Glad the weather and fish cooperated for you. Disappointed there will be no ice on Erie this year so catch them when and however you can.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
very nice   we were out of huron sat but didnt do nearly as good    nice job...   next trip when possible will be maybe out of mazuriks,  and what you said about the patterns  is wildly true. but that was a fluke fishing from the boat in jan   wow   had to fish because i may never get to do that again in my lifetime  ;D   so 19   keep it up, maybe throw me some advice on the next go around, this old fart can use all the help i can get   heheh   see ya up there hopefully i will be in my old crestliner , blue and white, well sorta white   erie water keeps the boat a little ookie looking...hehehehehe
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:35:31 AM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Got a half dozen yesterday morning before the wind got to us and only one today with the wind.

We are lucky to be out but I am missing the ice for sure!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
You or anyone else never be afraid to ask Q's I always have lots of ears and eyes out there.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanks , thats great.  some of my haunts in lorain , avon, beaver area have crapped out last couple years, so we have been moving around following the fish. man last year my gold jig and orange was the bomb.  thanx  see ya up there weather permitting. was jiggin good or trollin
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

toadfish

• View Profile
Nice catch OhioFisher19!  I wish I was able to get away and fish the big lake.  Like someone else said, it is a good thing I don't live closer or I think I would be at work on days I could fish.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar