Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 03:03:18 PM

Author Topic: harassed !!!!  (Read 6522 times)

IceBucky

• View Profile
harassed !!!!
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »

my friend went out to the point at black hawk were there were five other fishermen fishing when he got there. he always fishes there . they started complaining about people coming up from different places and fishing in there spots. then one of then came up and drilled a hole 5 inches from the back of his shanty. and said that he was only fishing there because they were.By the way he lives ten minuets from the lake.  how fricken rude and idiotic can you be.

JustNutts

Re: harassed !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »

I guess some people just wont ever get it... Sad that we have to deal with people like that in our society.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:58 PM »

Some people do not deserve a response though its hard. had a similar problem last year up here my boys and i were the first ones on the ice drilled our own holes and two idiots felt they owned the place because they fished there the day before, their language was terrible til i pulled my cell phone out and told them i was going to call the sheriff if they didnt clean it up they left shortly thereafter. makes it tough to teach respect to kids when they witness scenes like that. above all i guess remember the golden rule:  DON'T LET ANYONE DUMBER THAN YOU P*** YOU OFF. Fortunately these types are few and far between and for the most part there are a lot of good people on the ice Dave

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:21:39 AM »

I took my daughters to north fork last year , we fished up the river and were on the crappies pretty good, I noticed 4 guys watching us from the normal saugeye spots, within a half hour I saw them packing up and heading our way. There were 2-3 other guys fishing a little ways up from us. I told my kids to try not catch a fish knowing these guys would stop by us if they did. Sho nogh they not only stopped but they drilled holes (with power auger) nearly 2feet from my 18yr old daughters spot. We had a good number of fish and weren't keeping all the crappies we caught but the idea of them drilling so close pissed me off. Within a few minutes they started catching them and we lost our bite, then the cussing started and these idiots started talking about blow jobs and screwing women, I told the jerks to stop and that my kids didn't need to here the crap, well that went over real good and lasted only a few minutes. I had no choice but to leave the area and try somewhere else. That trip left a bad taste in my mouth with those idiots and have since stop taking my girls to Indian Lake to ice fish, they remember the good time they had catching all those crappies and want to go back, I just haven't had the guts to take them back there for fear of running into more dumb asses on the ice. Needless to say when those guys finally left that area they left small fish on the ice along with propane bottles and other trash, I have since seen these same guys fishing and this seems to be their practice to fish on top of others who are catching em. Great sportmans of the hard water.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:23:36 AM »

fortunatly I haven't had this problem, I don't mind people moving within 10 yards of me but if someon drilled within a few feet I don't think I could be cool and calm exspecially if I had children with me and they were useing such languauge. I wouldn,t call the sheriff maybe an ambulance, but I guess thats a lesson I wouldn,t wantmy kid to see. sorry sometimes i get alittle upset but that woud blow my top. these guys that do this are fourtunate they haven't done this tosomeone like me!
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

IceBucky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »

when i said he drilled a hole with in five inches of his shanty i meant it!i was not kidding these guys wantted to start something with him,he just minded his own business and kept fishing.and the fact that they said this was there lake , last time i checked i had bought some of those eyes in there!

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »

dont think i,ve met that bunch yet, but i have seen were thay have been. damn shame. and the law would probably not want to deal with what would be to them, a trivial matter.  then again if you take care of the problem in your own way they would surely get involved.  maybe what happens on the ice stays on the ice
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »

Sorry, To hear about that Wapak. Over all I think that Ice Fisherman are good people and I would not hesitate to take the girls out. They will alway's remeber those time fishing with you for the rest of there lives. The nice thing as this site grows we will have reperentation in numbers to handle situations like this group in the future..
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Anything like that happens to any of the rest of you, don't let it keep you off the ice. Have a buddy there with you, or one that you can call. I'm afraid I'm with Chris on this one, especially since your kids were involved Wapak.. I'd have had a hard time manning up and leaving like you did... good job.

As for the guys at blackhawk.... not worth your time. There are a thousand other good sportmen on the ice that more than negate the actions of a couple disrespectful guys who only fish one little corner of a 5,800 acre lake.

Good fishin'
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:20 AM »

Believe me fellas it took a whole bunch of coolness on my part not to get into a physical altercation with these idiots,but remember I had 2 girls with me 1 18 and the other was 9, what kind of example would I have set for my kids if I would have busted at least 1 of them in the mouth. I just considered the source counted my losses and moved on, we still had a great day and we still ice fish together just not Indian and especially on the weekends when these type of people come in hoards. We all have been around some jerks on the ice , in boats and other places in life it's just an unfortunate situation that I needed to walk from. With all being said I have met a great bunch of guys from this web site on the ice and only wished I could fish more often with some of you, I really don't mind fishing close together on the ice for saugeye but crappie and blue gill are a little different.

Dockdabber

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »

I fish with a great bunch of guys who are all more than capable of calming a situtation like you had.  Were on Indian almost every day.  If we should encounter any one like you ran into, rest assured we will go ahead and rip their toungs out for you, and at the same time keep right on fishing. Hang in there

muskarp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

You guys both did the right thing by not taking matters into your own hands. I just got off community control for taking matters into my hands. Laws are set up for the ignorant bearded clams that surround us. There's never a cop around until someone's getting some manners force fed to them.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar