Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First Fish of the year

quackpot

• View Profile
Went to Indian yesterday. Fished paradise point tight line with minnows on the bottom. Weather was horrible with the snow and wind. Fished like a sissy from a running truck because of the weather. First fish was returned to fatten up but it was a 15 inch saugeye. Ended up bringing home two channel cats that I caught and one that was given to me. Went today and got skunked.

g

• View Profile
Glad you didn't get skunked Bobby. Sorry it has taken you this long to get out and catch your first fish.

quackpot

• View Profile
With this crazy weather and work it takes a while to get going.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
NIce! I'm hoping to get after Crappie's tomorrow when it's freezing cold. Makes sense right????  I'll post if I go and if I get anything. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
It makes perfect sense to me slab. Go when you can and enjoy it. Rember, the 2 best days to fish is when it's raining and when it ain't. Good luck.

quackpot

• View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Didn't make it out, work came up. But will either get out tomorrow or Monday. Just jot sure which one yet. Will post results!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well im looking at the ground covered with snow  ::)  and my boat ,  :-X   boy sure hope this blast is short . i dont know about you guys but my fish supply is running low  :o   see ya out there nutburgers..   hahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Damn snowcone. My freezer is so full I've been banned from bringing home any more fish. I've been donating them to people sane enough to not fish in the winter.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i feel ya 30 im not supposed to bring any more steelies home.  its funny even my neighbors cant take any more  hehehhe   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar