Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2 days on Erie

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Spent Thursday and Friday. Six guys on Thursday and 3 on Friday with limits caught both days. We probably threw back 200 shorts and even some legals. I ended with with two 27s and a 26.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:10:14 PM by Evinrude58 »

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Real nice, I didn't know giant eagle sold walleye that was not already fillets.  Nice touch by photo shopping the lake and boat in the background
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Nate if we can get out on the lake I am sure I can show you how to catch some eyes too. Just need a good captain.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Nice job. I'm headed up on Thurs for 5 days. I can't wait. Were you guys casting or trolling? Oh and nate, do you see what the lake looks like in that pic? Nice and calm. It does that sometimes when you are nowhere near it ;D

g

• View Profile
Good job. Fished Fri. evening for about 3 hours in a buddy's boat. Only 7 keepers out of well over 100 fish. Trolled crawler harnesses and bandits off the SW corner of Kellys. Sat. we got our 12  off the NW corner of Kellys on crawler harnesses and spoons. Fri. we caught trash fish too but none on Sat.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
We trolled. Thursday was spoons on one side and Bandits on the other. All the bigger fish were on the bandits and 90% of the shorts on the spoons. On Friday was Bandits and one worm harness just to keep us busy. All but one keeper I believe were caught on the Bandits. Found many many large marks they were suspended between 15-25 ft in 30-40 fow just couldn't really get the huge ones dialed in.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well my trip to Erie was fun but not exactly a slammer. Thursday and fri I think the lake was still recovering from that cold front. We tried trolling but the shorts were driving us nuts, with 10 rods its a nightmare. So we ended up casting Thursday afternoon and fri. Non stop action but very few keepers. 5 of us prob caught 300+ but think we only had 30 some keepers in 2 days. Changed areas on sat and got the boards back out. Found some better fish and ended up with limits sat and sun and were 4 short of another limit mon when we quit at 1030 to head home. Fishing near gull shoal out by the line. Most fish came on harnesses. Did well early mornings on bandits but that bite seemed to die of by 830 or 9. Not sure how many walleye we caught this trip but it was WAAYYY more than we've ever caught in the 10 years we've been making this trip. So many shorts! The future is looking bright for the lake. Caught lots of eaters in the 15-21 inch range,  a few nicer fish and 2 right at 8 lbs. Fun trip just didn't bring home the meat we usually do.

iceman2

• View Profile
Congratulations for a good result
I'm going to be there soon
I hope to achieve the same results :)
Czy usuwanie złogów w jelicie jest drogie? - rozwiej swoje wątpliwości

Vexilar