Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Getting ready for the ice fishing season

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
Yesterday I put new blades on the Lazer. I made sure they were made in sweden and not China. Also a useful hint for auger blades is to grease the bolts before assembling them to the auger. This keeps the bolts from rusting and potentiality snapping out on the ice. Anyone else getting ready for the season? If so, what have you been doing to prep for the season?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Oh I'm getting ready. ..just this week I sweated off 10 lbs so I can walk on thinner ice ;D

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I fired up the auger today.  New blades never used last year so they’ll be fine.  Also organizing the myriad of Ukrainian tungsten and dozens of micro plastics bags from Eurotackle I’ve gotten this summer.  Also going thru tons of spoons I got when I cleaned out the local gander mountain at their closing sale. 

Getting the rod and reel situation under control too.  I don’t need 30 combos in my shanty.  Going to limit it to 15. Just tough to decide especially after adding 8 more from bankers garage sale for Bobby. Not to mention all the pin mins from there too.  Still have a long way to go for Tackle organization.  But it’ll be there by mid December!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
Slab if I wasn't in the position I was I would have bought some of those myself. I covered one of the big boats and swapped parking spots with my enclosed trailer. My sleds, shantys and snowmobile are in it. My one shanty has the cover being replaced. Vex is on the charger and this next week I will be rearranging things in the truck. Any of you that has seen my truck knows it will take a week. After that I will be getting the combos ready. Dock tournaments will be starting soon so I want to be ready.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I moved house over the Summer so a couple of weeks ago Imput the sled lifting rack up in the garage, plugged in the charger and generally tidied gear up. I guess the biggest prep has been staring at the waters of Indian Lake from my back porch thinking "roll on ice season!" ;D
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Bought some new tungsten lures. 
We will have tungsten lure giveaways this Saturday at Cabelas in Columbus our Ice Fohing Podcast airs live from the fish tank at 7pm you don’t want to miss out on this once in a lifetime ice fishing event!!!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar