Ice Fish Ohio Forum

WTB OR Trade for a XI 9 20 Ducer

linebacker43

• View Profile
Trying to find a ice ducer for a hummingbird. Made up a travel pack for my Helix 5 unit and need the ducer to finish it up. I seen some videos on using the boat unit but it looks like a pain to keep it vertical. Not really wanting to pay full price at this point and am willing to trade some soft water stuff if anyone is interested. Please let me know!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I've actually seen a couple on ebay auctions recently. Not sure what they went for but it's worth looking. Let me know how it works if you get it set up. My helix 7 would prob be bad ass on the ice but I've already got 2 lowrance ice units so...

papaperch

• View Profile
If either of you guys have the G2 model of the Helix 5 or 7. A great option for the ducer would be the new XI-9 1521. Its a chirp ducer and has got rave reviews so far.

It is not compatible with the first generation Helixes though.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Yeah they sent me an email about it. I have the g2n. May look to get it set up next year.

papaperch

• View Profile
If I were you I would do it this year. I was going to see if it worked with my Mega 10 Helix. But I can't find one in stock. I imagine Humminbird's site has them but 99.99. I have found them for low 70's but not in stock.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I'd like to do it this year but paying for my daughters surgery and some medical stuff with my wife has put finances a little tighter than normal. We're ok but I told her I would keep my spending reasonable for awhile. Looks like I can get the whole kit with the bag and everything for 250. The upgrade on my helix is free. If I can find someone who wants one of my lowrance units I may go ahead and do it but I'm not too worried about it. They'll prob go on sale after ice season anyway. And I don't have any prob catching fish with what I have. I just love getting new toys. Lol

Vexilar