Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday rocked!

Downthehole

• View Profile
All,

it was so great seeing everyone on Saturday! First Alums dock tourney in two years! The new docks are much more stable than the old ones, the ramps are better than the old stairs (although they could be dodgy in wet/icy weather), I saw folks walking around with saugeyes on stringers (that's good for Alum docks - right?). IMHO it rocked!

#I'mtherenextweekend!

Andy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:50:36 AM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Roger and I are already working out the details for getting there next Saturday. We will be there.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
So how did you guys do anyway? What won it?

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Larry won Saugeye and big fish, he had 3. Josh won Crappie.

Green Pea

• View Profile
In general were there many fish caught? Did everyone catch fish or was it spotty. I worked and didn't make it so I went to CJ Saturday evening. I walked on every dock I could get on and never marked a single fish. They must be in the North end I suppose.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
I only managed a few crappie, none big enough. Biggest was 8 1/2. And half dozen bluegill. I plan on coming back next Saturday, try to redeem myself. LOL

quackpot

• View Profile
I started with a short saugeye then a short crappie. Then a 12" crappie and ended with a mudpuppy. Marked lots of fish but they only followed the jig.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's always great to have that kind of turnout. I'm already looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully the perch get a little bigger and the saugeye and crappie get a little more active. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about our chances. I'd love to see a busy weigh-in this week!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

polar bear

• View Profile
i got two 9 inch crappie that went back in to grow bigger it was great to see everyone after two years.   Larry from toledo

Vexilar