Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Can't wait for these Buckeye Ice HOGS

bucknuts

• View Profile
There are some serious HOGS in Buckeye this fall...can't wait to get them through the ice!

In preparation for the season I almost had a Michael JaCason moment. I cleaned one of my buddy heaters tonight and forgot to tighten one of the fuel lines...duh...well I tested is on my bench...duh.... and when I turned it to high to light the panel...flames blew out the sides and from the bottom...note to self...always test it on the garage floor and not close to my face...just singed my beard a little that's all fortunately.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 That's a nice pair of fish, be careful out there
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Saw guy

• View Profile
Yeah, those are some beauties. Unfortunately, this may be the last good run for a while on buckeye. A lot of those big boys are being harvested as a result of no fishermen on the lake over the last two years. During that same period, the lake wasn't stocked. The next couple years shouldn't bode well for the saugeye, as they don't reproduce naturally on the lake. Hopefully, other species will thrive.

bucknuts

• View Profile
Yeah saw, and they have had the sellers point spillway open for weeks now and I am sure there are tons of nice fish going right down the tubes. The are almost draining the swamp...not sure how much lower they are going...never seen it this shallow. Stopped by harbor hills last night and was speechless. The low water will really affect the ice fishing...not sure where the fish will be with these low water conditions.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Harbor Hills Resident

• View Profile
Parking in Harbor Hills for ice fishing is starting to get out of control and the residents are getting sick and tired of it.  Absolutely no respect for property and feel it is their right to park anywhere they want (to include parking in peoples yards, driveways and on the road) as long as they make it out on the ice.  If it continues then the only option is to start having vehicles towed.  Yes Buckeye Lake is a state park but there are a number of state parking lots for all of you fisherman to park in.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that ice fisherman are disrespecting your property. Please know that we are not all that inconsiderate. If someone is parking on your property, especially if they are in your driveway I would not hold it against you to take action. Guys love getting out on the ice but some don't use the common sense god gave them. I wish we could be on better terms with residents of the lakes we love to fish. I make it a point to be as considerate of the residents as I can when fishing. And although I don't fish buckeye, we are having similar issues at indian. People leaving their trash and parking like morons, etc is gonna make our lakes harder and harder to access. Best of luck to you.

g

• View Profile
Sorry to hear the problems the inconsiderate fishermen are causing. Treat other peoples property like it is your own. Parking is a big problem for residents and fishermen alike.  If you can't park near where you like to fish, explore new spots or get used to walking a long way.

Hardwater

• View Profile
Parking in Harbor Hills for ice fishing is starting to get out of control and the residents are getting sick and tired of it.  Absolutely no respect for property and feel it is their right to park anywhere they want (to include parking in peoples yards, driveways and on the road) as long as they make it out on the ice.  If it continues then the only option is to start having vehicles towed.  Yes Buckeye Lake is a state park but there are a number of state parking lots for all of you fisherman to park in.

You live right next to a public state park and it's 2018.   Would you except anything differently these days?    
If people were really parking in people's yards wouldn't  the landowners have enough sense to call and have cars towed away?!?

Vexilar