Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What do you want to do this season?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Besides catching fish and actually walking on some frozen water, I was wondering what everyone wants to do this year?  Something to improve on or try out?  A new place to fish? 

Mine is to fish at least one new Lake and get both a 10” or bigger bluegill AND a Crappie over 14”.  We’ll see how it goes. And of course, don’t get skunked!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
Since I’ve only been on Erie once, that’s one thing. The other is to get my soninlaw out a few times.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I would love to fish on Erie with my son this year. I have never been there on the ice but I'm hoping this is the year.

I'm also looking forward to taking a Japanese associate from work ice fishing in January. He is heading back to Japan in 1 week but will return towards the end of January. He has asked me to take him ice fishing when he returns. I'm looking forward to that.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Mine is to catch a nice northern pike through the ice. And fishing Erie would be nice.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I want to get to fish more than 5 times on the ice this year lol. Also would like to place well in a couple different tournament series

g

• View Profile
At least you got out 5 times last year jr, only 2 for me. I would like to fish some different lakes in Ohio and maybe do a 3 or 4 day tripto Mi.

toadfish

• View Profile
Catch walleye on Lake Erie, catch perch on Ferguson, Metzger, Williams, or Bresler Reservoirs, get a few saugeye from Indian and some crappies on Grand Lake.  Making another trip to Devils Lake in North Dakota or Lake Simcoe in Ontario would be awesome too.

Not going through the ice would be priority #1.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I've been looking forward to this all year:

Get up early, but at a reasonable time, say 6:00am. Get my gear on and drive the 5mins from my house to Long Island or the 10mins to Moundwood (or anywhere in between). Get set-up and be on the ice for the early morning bite. Watching sunrise across the ice (my favorite view). Fish, fish, fish! Cone back to the house just after dark and relax with beers and good food.....

Repeat for as long as there is ice....

Andy

Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar