Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Afternoon get together?.... Pt. 2

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
For those of you that didn't make it this weekend, a general consensus from those who did are all in favor of an afternoon tournament. Possibly a 1-6 or 2-7 time frame. The fishing has been dismal to say the least and it would be a nice change of pace. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions speak up lol

Green Pea

• View Profile
I would like to see a tournament at CJ Brown. Personally I like the late afternoon early evening idea. 3-8

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Yea, i'd like to see more than just alum. CJ Brown, rocky fork.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 It would be nice if some tournaments happened up here in the NE,  I wonder how many would make the drive like the group of us do to the tournaments down there! Hmmm I wonder!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
You don't have to wonder about me, I'd be there. I'd just like to be at a tourney where a lot of fish are caught. Hopefully an afternoon Alum tourney will be the one. A few tourneys were held at CJ a few years ago with the results being the same as Alum. At least Alum gives you a chance to catch saugeyes.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I'm not disagreeing with you nate but I think alum or somewhere around there is a pretty good compromise. It takes a while to get there for a lot of people but it would prob be a 4 hour or so drive to ne ohio for me, depending on where it was. Most people can make it to Columbus in a couple hours. It's why I gave up on the tourney moving to rocky fork where we could actually catch fish. Lol.  Just not practical for a lot of people. But I would be interested in a new location or an evening tourney. .. anything has to be better than how it is. I haven't been able to make one yet this year between deer hunting and my daughters surgery but I hope to get up there in a couple weeks. It's just hard for me to spend the whole day driving up there and fishing when I can catch a lot more elsewhere. I enjoy seeing everyone and all but I go fishing to catch em...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 I love the dock tournaments but I truthfully don't see much reciprocation if we alternated tournament locations, the burden falls on us to travel south each weekend to support and  participate in the event. For years now the tournaments have been held south.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Nate, I would love not to have to drive an hour and 40 minutes each weekend but are there any docks still in up this way?

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We have always gone to Alum Creek in part, due to the fact that it offers deep water docks near the geographic center of the state. Please be mindful that our members travel from points throughout the state.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I've been at the dock tournaments for years now and it's the same group of members with an occasional visitor, most of the attendees live relatively close.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

g

• View Profile
Where are you thinking Nate? It will probably be a 3 to 4 hour trip but I'm game as long as it is on a Sat.

quackpot

• View Profile

Green Pea

• View Profile
It would be nice if some tournaments happened up here in the NE,  I wonder how many would make the drive like the group of us do to the tournaments down there! Hmmm I wonder!

I would love to head North and try something new. My biggest stumbling block is the early Saturday time frame. More often than not I get stuck working through the mornings on Saturday. Late afternoon early evenings are better for me typically.

Vexilar