Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Docks are HOT!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
After a cold windy unsuccessful morning of hunting I headed to the docks at rocky yesterday. Got there about 11 and got on the crappie right away. Caught em all afternoon and hit my limit about 4 o'clock. Went back this morning with a buddy who wanted to try fishing with ice gear. It was on again! I had my 30 by 11 or so. We stayed and fished until 1 letting my buddy get some practice with the fish finder etc and try to get himself a few more. We ended with 47. Lots of 10+ with several at or near 12 inches. Best 2 days I've had off the docks there. Sure beats alum...

g

• View Profile
Great job Aaron. Wish I would have known you were going Sun., I would have joined you. Thought about going but after a dismal Sat. at Indian, I stayed home and relaxed.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well it was a little tougher today. Fish were around but nowhere near as aggressive. A buddy and I ground it out for the better part of the day and ended up with my limit and one fish short of his. Size was pretty good. Also kept 1 nice perch and a couple gills. Grant showed up for awhile and donated a few fish to the cause. Been fun down there the last couple weeks. Too bad this cold front is gonna shut it down. On the other hand if it gets us on the ice I'm totally cool with it.

Vexilar