Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Erie Charter

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Myself and a friend are looking at going to Erie for the first time would like to go with a guide above have any good leads?

I have my own gear not sure if that makes a difference.

Bob H

• View Profile
Relax the ice is coming, I live up here and the ice is working. I run a guide service in the  summer  and a die hard  ice fisherman.  I would  be more than  happy  to take you  out  when the ice  is set. Looking forward to a great Erie ice fishing  season

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Check the Lake Erie section we have a sponsored guide for the board. If he is full pm me.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks bunches Bob.

Ohio Fisher 19 I tried to lookup epic ice fishing and it didn't come up with a sight is he no longer guiding?

fishingful

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile

how the ice doin up there guys  maybe this year I can get up since its colder than  =-=-=-=
  thnks  rik
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bucknuts

• View Profile
Panman and myself are going out of catawba Wednesday and Thursday...walking. Anyone else interested let me know.
Fritz
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
bud of mine was out of Catawba walking , about 28ft on small jigs sat and sun they said had limits both days. 6" ice , cold as you know what.  hopefully I can get up to find out for myself soon .

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Save yourself until Thursday fishing is good but the wind today and tomorrow is going to shake things up
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I’m getting multiple pm’s and emails. Yes I have been out for last few days not today or tomorrow! Do not go out in this wind or think it’s ok because you heard people went over the weekend. The reason for me not posting a report  from the weekend is because I don’t want to see guys going out today and tomorrow getting stranded. I am can do my best to fill people in when I feel like I’m being safe and doing the right thing, I get 50 or more inquiries daily right now and it’s tough to keep up. The lake has a lot of fish everyone will get a chance at some just take your time. I will respond to pms when I get back to my laptop
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

Green Pea

• View Profile
Panman and myself are going out of catawba Wednesday and Thursday...walking. Anyone else interested let me know.
Fritz

Eric you probably should hold off until Thursday at least. The wind is supposed to be nasty. Wish I could make this run with you but shutdown at work always puts me behind a bit. I'll catch you on the next trip and try to beat the circus up there.

Roger

g

• View Profile
Nice post Jonny. Erie should have ice for a while, by the looks of the weather forecast. High wind days are not the days to be out on Erie, especially if you are walking. Be patient and there will be good days to get out. Good luck to all when you get to go.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yea  satellite view looks like wind blew the ice eastward

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Our sponsor guide on the site has taken a new job and will not be guiding this season. I will remove banner ad ASAP.

If you need a good guide I would recommend you to PM OhioFisher 19 as he has a lot of experience on the lake and will keep you safe. Please PM him about gude service and not lake reports. He will keep us updated under the Lake Erie board when he can provide info.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar