Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ Saturday

bruce136 · 32 · 19443

Andrew10493

• View Profile
Anyone wants to go I need a partner no one to go with me around here got the vex ready to go

g

• View Profile
Bruce, was thinking of trying CJ after work Fri. Should get there around 4:00. Are you going to be there till dark?

markplusone

• View Profile
Anyone wants to go I need a partner no one to go with me around here got the vex ready to go

Andrew10493, message me and we can work something out.  Ive been itching to get back out.  In fact anyone looking for a partner, let me know.  If I'm available time wise, Ill head out.

Andrew10493

• View Profile
Gonna head out today for a little around 11

Andrew10493

• View Profile
Didn't do to bad today ice around 5 to 6 in by the visitors center caught fish but nothing to brag about some gills and a crappie about 10 in might go to kiser or back to CJ in the morning whose up for fishing?

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Andrew was that you in the Eskimo shanty that I talked to Friday night?

Andrew10493

• View Profile
No I haven't had my shanty out I'm in a frabill ice suit I'm gonna head back out tomorrow I think anyone gonna be out

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Yeah me and eyehunter are going after church

roosterfish

• View Profile
I was there on Friday, and I think that I talked to you briefly about how I was only getting dinks. It was pretty slow, but I did get some nice white bass….never really found the crappie. I did catch a little walleye. Thought that it was a saugeye (can’t tell the difference), but Tin Guppy informed me that there are only walleye in CJ.

bruce136

• View Profile
I still have trouble telling them apart. Lol
My buddy caught a walleye yesterday and it took awhile for me to decide what it was.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
A lot of times its pretty much impossible to positively identify saugeye/walleye apart from each other. I've caught fish I would have sworn were walleye in lakes that only have saugeye and vice versa. I usually just go by where I'm fishing. There's supposed to be some difference in the number of spikes on their fins or something like that but Idk. Doesn't really matter anyway... they're both delicious.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Walleyes have a white spot on the tail fin, saugeyes do not have the spot,  hope you released him, they must be 15 inches or bigger. Still a nice catch.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

roosterfish

• View Profile
Yep, he is still out there....hope to catch him in a few years!

Any update on the ice conditions?

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Walleyes have a white spot on the tail fin, saugeyes do not have the spot,  hope you released him, they must be 15 inches or bigger. Still a nice catch.
Disagree nate. These came from indian. They only stock saugeye. You can see the white on their tail.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
It's ok to disagree but the walleye has a distinct white spot on the bottom tip of it's tail. If you Google it that is the way they describe also. I'm no fisheries biologist but that's how I've always checked
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar