Ice Fish Ohio Forum

slow bite

kitcarson

• View Profile
been hitting it pretty hard the last couple days marking alot of fish but very few takers anyone have any ideas why they arent hitting, my usual spots that produce well just not working out so far

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I agree. I had a lot of lookers at Indian yesterday and only a few takers. The bite did pick up right before dark.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
The barometric pressure is about as high as it gets right now. That usually doesn't bode well for the fishing. I've been out the last 4 days and as the pressure got higher the fish were more and more sluggish. Was on a supposedly dynamite farm pond today and the only thing that wanted to bite was largemouth. Gills were scarce. Only caught 3 in several hours of fishing. But at least those 3 gills were tanks ;Dcaught a couple nice bass too and lost several

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok guys heres the magic bait for finikey biters     set up a rig like crappy rig using flys and maggots. or a sibiki rig. slow fish want slow bait. and small.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bucknuts

• View Profile
No trouble yesterday :)
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Also remember it's much earlier than we usually fish sometimes different locations can help
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
And we’ve hardly don’t it the last 3 years!  Have to knock the rust off!  Just feels great to be on the ice again!!!  And know it won’t be 2-3 days and it’ll be gone!   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Yes,but some fish is better than no fish................ :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Saw guy

• View Profile
Was out at Buckeye yesterday. Had some nice marks come up and look but no takers. Caught about 20 dink eyes and left at 4. Hour drive back home and ribs were cooked ;D

papaperch

• View Profile
Sometimes it pays to upsize. Remember one year at Mosquito on slab crappies. Had to to stop at bait shop to re-supply my minnow population. Was hugely disappointed that all they had were medium size or bigger. I was on an ice fishing vacation and all I was using was small minnows. Since it was a really early morning bite. I didn't have time to go to another shop.

Actually did better that day than all the others. Can recite other stories on lure selection of upsizing but sure you all get the general idea. Sometimes the smaller route is not the way to go.

bucknuts

• View Profile
Papa has the ticket...up size!
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished OSP with Dustin,
 & newbie, Johnathan 5pm-7:15pm., LOCKJAW despite the beautiful FULL MOON. Met Kyle and he didnt do any good either. Thought for sure the crappies would hit, but it didnt happen.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
was out the other day and a jig rapala  with a minn seemed to work better
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar