Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-5-18

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Well the gills were on fire today at dusk. We got on the ice around 4pm and they were non stop until dark. Tried out my small fire tiger spoon and they loved it. Definitely a lot of ice growth since i was last out a few days ago thats for sure haha

kcattarin

• View Profile
Where were you at on the lake. looking to get back out as soon as possible

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What size were they?  I was in a dink fest this morning.  Maybe the afternoon bite would’ve been better. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I was at the campground, and the gills were anywhere from 7 to 10 inches. Very few big gills though

Warner22

• View Profile
I hit Nimi today. Fished from 7 am till noon. Slow day. Kept getting marks and couldnt get them to bite so I dropped the camera down and saw that there is thousands of shad swimming around. No matter where I drilled I saw shad. Did see some nice crappie and perch sitting in the weeds, but would not take. First time out is always a guessing game. Beautiful morning to say the least.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What area of Nimi?  Thinking about maybe going in the morning. The snowstorm should fire them up. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar