Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rocky fork lake level

Murkyanddeep

• View Profile
I'm still considering a ice fishing trip to RF.  Does the RF lake level get dropped in the winter?  If so than the docks and other key shoreline structures would be compromised.  Plus it makes things possibly unstable.  Any insights are greatly appreciated. 

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

Murkyanddeep

• View Profile
As a fisherman, I like fixed spillway lakes.  Weeds develop and the ecosystem remains balanced.  So much better for fish habitat. Thanks for helping me out with your responses.  I'd be in the dark without your help. 

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
No problem. Let me know if you're gonna try it. I might get adventurous and give it a shot.

glasseyes

• View Profile
i punched probably 20 holes there, Saturday, 01/06. out in front of those docks at the east marina. ice clear 6". fishing was slow for me but was fun just to get out. I went probably fifty yards out in front of the docks on main lake. I was marking up to 37' of water .
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:11:48 AM by glasseyes »

Murkyanddeep

• View Profile
That's great that you gave it a shot.  And clearly there's plenty of safe ice even out to deep water.  I never got there.  If it stays cold things should be safe again.  Maybe a destination for next weekend although Indian is tempting me with all of the good reports about the hot bite.  I went to a pond and faired a might poorly.  I think the fish were under clear ice and very spooked.  Thanks for sharing your adventure.  Keep it coming.  I'm sure the crappie bit can be great under the ice by the docks.  It just takes the right weather conditions.  Blue bird skies and high pressure cold fronts are the kiss of death to the bite.

Vexilar