Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/9/18

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit the ice with my dad and Snowcone.  Ice was great everywhere we went, Fishing not so much!!  Managed to avoid a skunk, but my last 2 trips are giving me a complex. Nothing but dinks. Ice was 7-8” all over north end from Pizza bay to the oil wells. Minnows, spikes, and waxies produced only pencil perch and a couple tiny gills. Even with my camera I didn’t see anything either.  Just Fishing the wrong area I guess. Rik stayed past lunch, so we’ll see if anything picked up this afternoon.  Nobody I saw on the North end was catching a lot of anything. I saw people moving all over and drilling all over. With nothing up on the ice.  Will Try elsewhere tomorrow. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished C1 Tuesday from 5pm-8pm just off the parking lot. NOTHING to brag about, but the warmer temps sure made things better in comparison to last weeks single digits.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I also fished c-1 for 5 hours,got skunked,not a fish,not even a bump.. >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
as slab said it was tough even though it was a really nice day, but good time I bet we drilled  30  holes on the north end. even with joels camera not  many fish.  seems like a lot of you guys struggled also.  when you and your dad left I did hit up the c-6  and that area, found the old bridge and fished 25 fow with some big marks , those stupid fish would follow my bait up and hover then just mosey back to the bottom to cruise on. wound up zero on  s   end.  and all the old haunts  notin but dinks.. and there was some goose hunters out by the islands  and when them guys opened up I the first time I almost peed myself  ( ptsd)   lol    but  was fun runnin around with joel and his dad. I have got to get a camera that's the bomb......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
Quote from: snowcone link=topic=14031.msg49592#msg49592 date=1515623551I have got to get a camera that's the bomb......
[/quote

Check out my “Saugeye The Movie” post...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I think you found the other bridge!   Did you save it?  I’d trade coordinates, my bridge is in 19 feet.  I’d love to try the other one you found and camera it!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
no I didn't save it   but   I can bring up my tracks and see what those gps #s  by following it back  .  this one is 25 fow  I had to move away from it a little it was scrambling my sonar a little.    I hafta check out the saugeye movie...lol   I would like to hit that spot again sometime  just to see if I can get 68 more cats there again .. bring the camera and well look it up   lol     
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesomeness!!  Thanks so much!  Sounds like a plan!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar