Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Cj marina 1/13/18

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Got stir crazy today and didn't want to make the drive to indian with the reports I'd heard so decide to go check the marina. Ran into a guy id fished with before he was doing the same thing. Spudded a few spots off the dock and it seemed like total crap. Spud went through after a couple hits or just broke off pieces of the ice. Decided to just fish from the docks. Drilling holes I realized there's a couple inches of frozen slush on top and then a few inches of so so ice underneath. A real pain to drill. Caught a few crappies but it was slow and a little chilly with no shanty. There was some guys that showed up and just walked right off the dock with no spud or test hole. They walked out and started fishing. All together and no safety equipment I could see. We warned them it wasn't great but they ignored us. It held them but... Anyway I guess it's fishable in areas but I'd use extreme caution if trying it.

bruce136

• View Profile
THat’s crazy. It will just be a matter of time and they will go through.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Steve and I fished in the marina tonight 7-10" of ice,the bits was slow.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Guess it was better than I thought. Where I checked was nowhere near that. Anyway glad you got out

Vexilar