Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:36:05 PM

Author Topic: Indian Lake Fishing Report - 1/14/18  (Read 2919 times)

Downthehole

• View Profile
Indian Lake Fishing Report - 1/14/18
« on: January 14, 2018, 05:02:05 PM »

All,

Fished the Pony Island side of Long Island today between 2:00pm and 4:00pm. Ambient was 17F so I didn’t bother taking my shanty out and fished on 8” of ice over 4’ of water. Caught around 15 gills in the 2hrs I was out. I drilled 4 holes and hopped between them. I don’t keep gills so I’m not that bothered about their size. I would say the bigger ones were about the size of my hand. It was good to be out fishing again instead of writing reports on when we may get out ice fishing.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Lake Fishing Report - 1/14/18
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »

Not bad for a quick trip. I was on around 8 this morning and fished til 4. Got a limit of crappie and one keeper and one throwback eye. Took my new mini 16 in rod with a micro inline reel on it today. Was a blast! That eye was fun to catch on it. Lol. Tungsten with micro plastics. Red orange and pink all caught fish.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Re: Indian Lake Fishing Report - 1/14/18
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »

Not bad for a quick trip. I was on around 8 this morning and fished til 4. Got a limit of crappie and one keeper and one throwback eye. Took my new mini 16 in rod with a micro inline reel on it today. Was a blast! That eye was fun to catch on it. Lol. Tungsten with micro plastics. Red orange and pink all caught fish.

Cool...I heard you were doing well...good stuff...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar