Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye Lake Ice Fishing - Parking

Harbor Hills Resident

• View Profile
Harbor Hills is not a public access route to Buckeye Lake.  There are state parks available for you to park at and have access to the lake to fish.  Stop coming into our neighborhood, parking where you please and blocking our roads.  A number of fisherman have tried to say that the parks in Harbor Hills are owned by the state.  That is not true.  There are signs in the parks that clearly state that they are Private and for Harbor Hills Residents.  That includes the parking at the parks.  I would ask that you respect this and visit ODNR for the locations of the parking lots available to the public for parking.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Why do you assume the fisherman you are talking about are ice fish ohio members?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Downthehole

• View Profile
Why do you assume the fisherman you are talking about are ice fish ohio members?

and....if the roads are designated as public roads then folks are free to park wherever they like so long as they are in compliance with the Ohio State Law 454511.69 Parking requirements:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.69

If you feel that anyone parking in your neighborhood is in contravention of the law, described above or, any local ordinances then we recommended that you call the Sheriff’s department and let them deal with the specific situation.

Per my fellow members comment you are assuming that folks parking in your neighborhood are members of this website, which may not be the case. You are also assuming that folks are parked illegally which is something we cannot confirm or, deny as we are not local law enforcement.

I highly recommend that you take this matter up with your local law enforcement...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Harbor Hills Resident

• View Profile
Firstly, because the people fishing have referenced this website.  Secondly, I will contact law enforcement next time and show them my post as well as your response.

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
GOOD LORD......   Why not just call law enforcement first.... noone on this site is actually going to say " hey we parked there because we are IFO members....."
Just because your spouse doesnt want to listen to how mad you are about ice fisherman doesnt mean you need to chew our assess ...   call law enforcement     let them handle it.     no need for vigilantyism.....

-Oliver Queen
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Ok everyone, let's start by saying take a few deep breaths and think about this issue, and I do believe it is a important issue. As one of the owners of this wonderful site I don't want to think that any of our members would be disrespectful to any person or there property, but I would be naive to think that. We have a wide variety of members on this site,  ones who are very active on line and IFO events, ones that just join us on line to post or read reports and share info, and ones who just troll the site for whatever reasons. That being said, we must respect each other and there property. I am from NE OHIO and am unfamiliar with the area in discussion. I would hope for all parties that law enforcement would be our last resort, lets work this out amicably.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
Firstly, because the people fishing have referenced this website.  Secondly, I will contact law enforcement next time and show them my post as well as your response.

You are welcome show them my response I have no issues with that. I am merely pointing out that folks parking may or, may not be members of this website and the best people to determine the legality of any parking situation is local law enforcement. I’m pretty confident that any law enforcement officer would acknowledge my recommendation as being the right thing to do.

To the points made above, we all must respect property and the law and most do.

Downthehole

• View Profile
In order to put some closure on this thread IFO has posted parking recommendations for its members:

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=14114.0

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
please guys no hate mail here  p m each other if ya want to continue throwing rocks.. its a fishing site    my 2 cents......  p s    :P   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar