Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/18/18

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit the ice today with new member jakeman and Snowcone at the PLX.  Fish were on fire!!  Still copper tungsten, still 8-12 feet of water, still catching big fish!  The best Crappie’s were only 3-4 feet under the ice though.  Probably won’t be able to fish till next week after today.  Work tomorrow and the weekend is booked!  Here’s a few pics. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah man  but it was cold, nice we got out .  after you guys bounced I wound up with a few nice perch ( on minn )  some gills and crappy, but I have to say joel that copper jig was treating you right today..lol...thanks for hooking me up with one ( pun intended )   tell ya what I wish I could be there just before dark.    that water was a little dirty  but you could still see fish on the camera. hope jakeman enjoyed, nice meeting you guys.  

still my pics are sideways  is that an I phone thing
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:29:08 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sure was fun!!  For sone reason my pics posted right today.  Didn’t do anything different.  Glad you got more on that jig!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

MF87

• View Profile
Never been to portage lakes where do you park at? Planning on going on Sunday

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I access this area through private property.  I know a guy who is a manager of an apartment building and lets me park in the back of the lot.  The closest public parking is the boat launch on Long Lake.  Big fish on that side too!

Team Wilcraft!

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
Anyone been in the channel by old state my kids wanna go wandering how ice was an if lot o sled traffic

Vexilar