Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday 1/20

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished Nimmy 4:30-7:30 Saturday 1/20., Jigging & Tip Ups with Minnows/Minnowheads. 2 Perch, 1 Crappie & 2 Stogies. Had an first time experience with one of my tip ups. Line was peeled completely off the spool and 6lb braid was broken. (I didnt check the Tip Ups after dark until I was ready to call it a day).  Think it could've been a huge Catfish, Walleye, Carp or Northern.  Oh well, live & learn even at my old age.  Had a great time anyway.

BTW: The newly constructed SMITTY worked wonderfully.  No drag whatsoever while pulling the shanty & gear.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
john what is a smitty?i'm guessing some sort of sled,can you post a picture,thanks........... :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

holehopper

• View Profile
ok i should have looked it up on line before i ask,did you have plans for it?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah Gary, Billfish sent me plans, but didn't use them as template, but only a guide.  You Tube has videos too.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:23:01 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• View Profile
Thanks John,sweet looking sled,gotta have one............ :D

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wheres the stogie holder?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Nuff Said: 

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahahahaha   jon that's awesome .  now I have to get you and slab smoke alarms  for your shantys  lolol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Evinrude58

• View Profile
There is a guy on Ice Shanty that is named Smitty who sells premade kits, has a patent and everything.

Vexilar