Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What a day!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
My plans to fish a private campground pond this morning fell through when we were told in no uncertain terms that we couldn't ice fish there. Headed up 75 to cross over to indian when I talked to a buddy who was headed to Ferguson. I had my doubts after the last trip when I couldn't get a keeper to bite but I wasn't that far away so I decided to give it a couple hours. Went back to my waypoints from last time where I'd marked so many uncooperative fish. They were still there and then some. Started out slow but they fired up pretty good by 1030 or so. Steady pick the rest of the day. We finished up late afternoon with a 2 man limit of some really nice perch. Most were 10+ with some bigger fish mixed in. Biggest topped out at 12 3/4. Great day on the ice. Unfortunately I'm not sure it will be fishable by tomorrow. The edges are looking pretty bad and have several inches of water on top. You could prob get on in the morning but you may not get back off, especially if we get rain.

Meatgitter

• View Profile
Yep! Awesome day out there! Now if I could just get my wife to clean all my fish.

g

• View Profile
Figured you would have a bigger smile on your face Aaron. LOL. Nice mess of fish.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Heck yes.  I fished that lake a ton growing up and caught some very good perch on it with soft craws.

Nice work!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice haul guys 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar