Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1/22/18

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit PLX for a bit this morning.  Water much murkier, Ice melting, and a tough bite. Avoided a skunk, but nothing of any size.  Ice was 6”, but we’ve lost 3” since Friday at my spot.  Edges softened up a bit, probably not fishable after the rain and warmer weather tonight and tomorrow.  I could hear the ice melting as I was fishing and all my gear was melting into the Ice. This stinks!  With warm temps thru the weekend, looks like we’ll have to wait for round 2. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
lucky dog lol   it was nice out ,  what ya mean avoided a small skunk hahaha?  its kinda spooky sitting there watching it all melt  especially when the water is running down the hole like a toilet flush .
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Can say that again.  8” holes I drilled Friday were 12” today. And my rod holder and auger must’ve melted in the ice at least 1”. Thought I was going to break my rod holder getting it out. I sadly unloaded the truck to let everything dry out really good, and from the looks of things it might be a while till we get back on. I have work through Friday with the warmup, so next possible day is Sunday for me.  And Weather not looking favorably on safe ice being here that long.  We need round 2!!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I fished Monday as well,when i came off i made up my mind i was not going again till things tighten up again,and it will,but when......... >:( >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gosh me too , I really don't want to get wet  lol   so until  then I guess I will just get organized for steely fish..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar