Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:42 AM

Author Topic: Indian 1/22  (Read 2991 times)

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Indian 1/22
« on: January 22, 2018, 05:22:54 PM »

Fished Indian this morning from 745 to noon. Caught 1 17 inch eye. Lost 2 more. 7 or 8 crappie. Wasnt gonna keep any but that eye inhaled a vibe and was bleeding like crazy so I started throwing them in the bucket. Ended up giving them to an old man that said he'd been fishing for 3 days and only had 9 crappie to show for it. My buddy wasn't doing very well and wanted to quit so I left with him. Didn't want to stay out alone with the ice conditions and it was getting ready to rain. Lots of melting. Down to around 6 inches. Many holes drilled this weekend are melted out and really hard to see. I almost stepped in one that my size 13 boot would have easily fit in. Really getting soft on top too. Edges were still holding when I left but one hit with a spud was going in 2 or 3 inches and lots of water on top. I don't know that they'll last. Think I'm done unless we get another cold snap. Not optimistic but it's ohio...you never know

g

• View Profile
Re: Indian 1/22
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »

Glad you made it out 1 more time and got a few fish. More important, you made it back in. Figured the rain would spell doom for the ice.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Re: Indian 1/22
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »

It looked pretty sad out there tonight when I drove home from work. Lots of melt, lots of open water. Glad you got out and caught fish though.....!

Update: It just started raining pretty hard as they forecasted...I think that’s it...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:47:57 PM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar