Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Back to the docks it is then....

g

• View Profile
Fished Rocky today. 3 short crappies on a vibe. Marked a lot of fish and had a lot of risers. Would probably catch more if I switched to jigs, but I don't keep them anyway. Loved fishing in the snowstorm, snow covered the ground in an hour. ODNR checked my fishing license, just got checked at Indian Tues. Was snowing like crazy when he checked me and he couldn't get back to his truck fast enough. LOL!!!

quackpot

• View Profile
Grandson and I are going to Alum tomorrow. Hopefully the fish will be hungry.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Bruce and I fished in the morning and I had 2 bites and Bruce had 1.

quackpot

• View Profile
We had lookers but no takers, water was stained and showed 27' so it must have been high with rain and run off.

g

• View Profile
Sorry you and your grandson didn't catch anything. At least you didn't freeze while fishing.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I fished rocky fork yesterday from 8 to noon. Caught 7 keeper crappies and my buddy got 2. Caught quite a few shorts and gills. Had a loaded screen most of the time but there were so many gills it was really tough to catch crappie. Gonna try to get the long rods out on fri.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Fished the cj docks yesterday 2 to 6. Was pretty decent action. Caught prob a dozen keeper crappie. Nothing big tho. Biggest prob wasnt even 10 inches. 1 keeper gill.  Caught about 1.3 million small crappie and gills too. I had to take the spike off my jig eventually to get the 3 inch gills to leave me alone. Lol. I had a completely full screen on my lowrance from 5 to 16 ft for like an hour straight. Was pretty much non stop action the whole time. Gold tungsten and a blood red tail. Most of the crappie were suspended about 8 ft.

g

• View Profile
Fished Rocky this afternoon and caught around a dozen crappies. Only 2 shorts and the biggest ones were at least 11 in. 2 guys were doing good on jigs and had a nice mess in their basket. Caught all mine on a vibe. One of these days I may put a jig on to up my catch but I just can't seem to put my vibe away.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Nice job grant. Hopefully the action is picking up down there. Been pretty slow lately.

Vexilar