Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tub sled repair

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well I don't know if anyone else has done this and I'm not sure when or how I managed it but was cleaning out my eskimo quickflip this morning and noticed that Id done some serious damage to it. Looks like I smacked it pretty good on a rock or something. Completely dented in the corner and tore a hole in it. After a few cuss words I decided I could prob repair it. Gently pushed the dented section back out and bent the flap of torn plastic back as closely as I could to its original position. Cleaned the area with a rag and then some alcohol wipes. Roughed up the damaged area with some sandpaper and applied a thick coating of jb plastic weld to it. Smoothed it out and let it cure. I may have to do another application but I don't think so. Came out pretty decent looking. I've done a similar repair on my plastic canoe and it's still holding strong after several years. Anyway maybe someone can use this sometime.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That happened to my old shanty and I did the same thing, only inside and outside to improve the waterproofness.  That’s awesome stuff, my dad has it and it still doesn’t leak years later!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
crap if I was dragin that, that hit would have stopped my butt dead in my tracks .. nice fix
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar