Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

November 19, 2018, 03:08:28 AM

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tub sled repair  (Read 2343 times)
30inthabucket

Ice fishing calls... I answer

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »

Well I don't know if anyone else has done this and I'm not sure when or how I managed it but was cleaning out my eskimo quickflip this morning and noticed that Id done some serious damage to it. Looks like I smacked it pretty good on a rock or something. Completely dented in the corner and tore a hole in it. After a few cuss words I decided I could prob repair it. Gently pushed the dented section back out and bent the flap of torn plastic back as closely as I could to its original position. Cleaned the area with a rag and then some alcohol wipes. Roughed up the damaged area with some sandpaper and applied a thick coating of jb plastic weld to it. Smoothed it out and let it cure. I may have to do another application but I don't think so. Came out pretty decent looking. I've done a similar repair on my plastic canoe and it's still holding strong after several years. Anyway maybe someone can use this sometime.
slabslayer
You can never drill too many holes!
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:16:32 AM »

That happened to my old shanty and I did the same thing, only inside and outside to improve the waterproofness.  That’s awesome stuff, my dad has it and it still doesn’t leak years later!

Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

BASS Life Member.

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Power Pole, Culprit, Eurotackle

Custom jigs and soft plastics available--pm for detail
snowcone
Global Moderator

here fishey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »

crap if I was dragin that, that hit would have stopped my butt dead in my tracks .. nice fix

the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Vexilar