Ice Fish Ohio Forum

bad ice

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Went out just to see how bad this weather has made the ice, lots of open water from the banks reaching as far out as 20' in some spots.  :'(
 ??? Not sure if the ice past the water is safe as I could not get to it regardless of where I went. Started south near the main basin across from the beach and worked my way north to Indian run just north of the horseshoe rd boat ramp.
The weather forecast for the following 15 days looks pretty grim for the remaining ice but February is right around the corner and hopefully it will bring plenty of icy low temps. Until then stay warm, stay safe and as always... Tight lines!
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
good review.  its good people know ice condition on the lakes that way it might help keep them dry  .....thnx   I'm sure our ice in N E ohio has gone sour .  with our weird weather over the years I'm not feelin the love for round 2     but I'm usually wrong  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Glad to be of help snowcone! I've been tracking the 15 day forecast, the first week of February is supposed to be below freezing the entire week. Hopefully the ice won't need much time to heal and we can all get back out there and put more fish on the ice!
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

Vexilar