Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday 1/27

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Decided to try the ice despite the high hesitancy and warm temps.  Fished Nimmy  8:30am-1:30pm with son (Nathan), Dan Buckzeye, Evenrude Carl & his grandson, Bobby.  Conditions were wet, rainy & miserable.  Drilled 100 holes in different areas trying to find fish. Drilled in deep weeds, drilled in shallow weeds, drilled in shallow structure, drilled in deep structure.,drilled in deep water...Fished with monnows, minnow heads, waxies, & maggots. Tried flies, spoons, ants, tungsten,... All to no avail. No luck.  Altogether I think we iced 15 perch. Wonderful cloudy day, but the rains really added alot of water on the ice.  Ice was solid 5-6". Shoreline was surprisingly excellent.  Drying everything today.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That’s good news!  I might try somewhere tomorrow morning if I can get my flat tire fixed today. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
thanks for report john,glad to hear ice is holding,should be on soon with the future cast i read,on a side note i have been having a tough time on nimmy this year............. >:( >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know nimi  was tough this year, I drilled a kazillion holes one day with only shrunken fish ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

z400wolverine

• View Profile

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I have been finding Nimmy has changed a lot in the last 2 years. Areas I have done well in at different times of the year have all died off. I am still trying to get back on them like I use to.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
z400wolverine:

It's not like we were stealthy, but simply in another part of the lake you couldn't see us.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Yeah,just look for the smoke signals.............. :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar