Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Marcum striker4

Gill261

• View Profile
I was wondering if anybody owns or have used the markum striker 4 potable,looks like a nice setup and have seen good reviews. Thanks

g

• View Profile
Wish I could help but don't know anyone with a striker 4. Everyone I know that uses Marcums love them. Hope someone can help you.

g

• View Profile
Are you asking about the Garmin striker 4 instead of the Marcum? Don't know if Marcum makes a striker unit. No matter which unit you buy, they are all good quality. Figure what features you want and find the unit that matches your needs.

Gill261

• View Profile
Yes garmin striker4, it has GPS and flasher mode

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I use my garmin 5dv chart plotter on the ice and love it, now the striker 7 stays on the rear of the boat, and when the water opens up the ole 5 goes back in the boat. its great ... although I don't use the flasher mode because I like the  A  scope , gives me real time look , its funny watching the fish chase bait up and down ..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Gill261

• View Profile
A few of the reviews I read used the graph over the flasher,they liked the lmages better

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey rick i looked at that striker 4 as well because of how much i liked your unit  hard to imagine theyd make a bad unit seem em discounted too but couldnt pull the trigger seems like the round of units they put out got sold dont see as many around for what its worth facebook guy said he loves his
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
with the way electronics advance  you should be able to get some nice units, everything goes on sale when new models come out. but even when ya buy a shiny new unit its almost out dated before ya get it mounted on the boat.. it all boils down to what you like, and how much you have too spend...my advise on any sonar get the most for what you can afford
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar