Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:59:24 AM

Author Topic: Indian Lake Ice Report - 1/30/2018  (Read 3399 times)

Downthehole

• View Profile
Indian Lake Ice Report - 1/30/2018
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:19:27 PM »

I took a drive down Long Island this evening and had a few surprises. Here’s what I saw:

- Long Island 1st pull off - locked - 1st Pic
- Long Island 2nd pull off - locked - 2nd pic
- Long Island 3rd pull off (O’Connors side) - no access lots of open water - 3rd Pic
- Long Island 3rd pull off (Pony Island side) - locked, some open water close to bank - 4th Pic
- North Fork - Open to 20yds out from the peninsula you walk around from 2nd pull off

With the exception of North Fork this area of the lake looks pretty much the same as the last thaw we had,  with open water in the same spots around docks etc. We’ve had snow here for the past couple of days so there is a build up of snow on the ice. With a high in the 40’s tomorrow this could be a good thing as the snow will melt first and refreeze overnight.

I can’t comment on ice thickness anywhere as I did not check it. There are more exposed lily pad trunks visible and more ice melt has happened during last weeks highs. I’m going to start checking ice thickness at the weekend - this freeze will be longer due to the temps so I’m not expecting any thickness until mid next week at the earliest.

As ever this is a summary of what I saw and in no way am I stating the ice is safe. Always, check the ice If you go out and use all precautions possible.

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

g

• View Profile
Re: Indian Lake Ice Report - 1/30/2018
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:38:34 PM »

Great report and pics. Thanks for taking the time to check the different areas and post their conditions. Much appreciated.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Re: Indian Lake Ice Report - 1/30/2018
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:13 AM »

Thanks for the info Andy! 

I was hoping/thinking this weekend may be doable but doesn't seem like it.  We'll see.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar