Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tuesday Jan 30, 2018

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished Nimmy with Eveinrude Carl Tuesday 1/30 5pm-7:30pm. Ice was in excellent condition. 7" with a little snow on top.  Hardly anyone else on the ice. Man it sure has been a tough bite this season for me. I've put in alot of hours on Nimmy ice resulting in empty bukets at the end of the day. Only 4 perch between the both of us. Another dismal outing. Very exasperating to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:56:49 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Maybe it's time to try a different spot or lake altogether.  I would consider a different fishing buddy also.  ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Carl certainly isn't the problem. In fact, he saved my arse yesterday when we reached our spot and I went to drill holes and realized I forgot the batteries to my DeWalt Drill.. ARGHHH!!!

Just having an extremely challenging time finding the fish and getting a pattern to their feeding habits.  We fished 5ft-15ft of water yesterday.  I got to thinking maybe they're in the shallows, but that didn't pan out either.  

I love ice fishing Nimmy, but man have I put in a sh*t load of hours this year trying to find 'em.  I'm almost ready to give up, but I'm stubborn.  Will most likely start hitting other parts of the lake that I haven't drilled holes.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:03:14 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I have been in the same boat,my go to spots,are becoming my go not to spots.............. >:( >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah its been rough , maybe a change of water would help.   I see 9 deg sun night  looks like round three is revving up..  this crazy weather has me going batty. well maybe I can get out again here next couple days if I can get some pics,  me I just gave up on nimi  for this go round .   hope you guys get out and do better.   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar