Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE Lake 2-2-18

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Well got out for a few hours this morning made it to the lake by 10:00am a buddy came to join me shortly after I arrived. Ice thickness 8” visibility 4ft not much snow on the ice as it was blowing all over in that seriously strong wind!!! The fishing was good even tho the average size was running small caught a bunch of crappie 5-10.5”  Kept 14  and a few gills . Gold hook and minnow was doing the bulk of the work again. Although I caught a good amount on the gold pinmin and maggot as well. Fishing in 13 fow most the fish were suspended about 7ft but some came in as highg as 4ft. The y were very aggressive to start out then started to get slow around 2:00pm. We called it quits at 3:00 my buddy had to go to work and I didn’t feel like packing up alone in the wind. Had a great time catching fish and laughing with my friend he brought some snacks we cooked up some mozzarella sticks on the buddy heater it was just a plane ole good day at the lake!😎

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
For some reason it won’t let me load the pictures

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man that's some nice fish, I'm always afraid I will take pics and drop my phone   hahahah
I have had trouble with pics before I would write a post and try to attatch pics then I get an error and cant regain the post ......ya got some good fish .
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
man that's some nice fish, I'm always afraid I will take pics and drop my phone   hahahah
I have had trouble with pics before I would write a post and try to attatch pics then I get an error and cant regain the post ......ya got some good fish .

Thanks! I wanted to move to find better fish but my hub shack isn’t mobile in windy conditions!  I’ve lost 2 phones down the hole in the past haven’t learned my lesson yet!

quackpot

• View Profile
They have waterproof bags that are made to put your phone in. I got two from the expo last year from the state that were for boat registration. Clear plastic and you can still take pictures.

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
My phone case is waterproof so it will live if it go’s down the hole if I can retrieve it. I’m gonna glue a flat pice of metal to the back of the case so I can retrieve it with a magnet if that were to happen. I read somewhere about another guy doing that it seems like a good idea!

quackpot

• View Profile
Here’s what I use and it floats when sealed shut

g

• View Profile

Vexilar