Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-17-18

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Thinking of making a trip to erie the weekend of the 17th. Any tips on where to go would be appreciated. Anyone want a tag along? Got my own equipment and would love to tag along with someone.  I'm looking at being there the 16th nd 17th.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Ice is bleak. South bass is good but kinda a chore to fish. Checked camp perry this morning. 1 hit with spud all over
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

erieaddict

• View Profile
we will be giving the 15/16/17th a try if it is safe.... its not real promising at the moment. the flights to the island  are filling up fast cause the tourney is still going on the 16th weekend, so if Erie off the mainland isn't safe we are headed north for St.Clair or Saganaw bay. hearing decent reports out of both. Sure is a bummer after having those first couple early great ice weekends up there, with the best fishing Ive seen up there to be shut down buy the Jan thaw. however your welcome to follow us out if the stars align

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
erieaddict  wherever ya head send pics, I hear its getting wishy washy up there so my plans to head up are on hold till next year. I tell ya what I don't know how to act having sorta normal weather ..good luck
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

erieaddict

• View Profile
Will do! It's been a no go for me since the warm up and blow the second week of Jan but that's just cause I refuse to be the guy waving at the news helicopter  ;D....
Have a good buddy that took the chance and lost everything that week but that's the risk you take just not me

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yepper ya have to choose wisely,  being up there is like another planet  :o  I'm with you don't want to get wet and loose my stuff.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Our ice will be junk by then on the mainland. Fishing on 6 inches at best right now... Wednesday morning is the beginning of the end
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar